Two Sided Travels image
It is far 22 kilometers from Bai Chay Tourist Wharf to the Southeast. By speedboat, it takes about an hour from Bai Chay Tourist Wharf.
The islet is a group of three small mountains which look like three peaches from a far.
The average height of three mountains is 23 meters. It’s featured with Ba Trai Dao Beach which is one of the most beautiful beaches on Halong Bay.
The beach has the shape of a bow embracing the islet. However, tourists just can swim at the beach in about 2 – 3 hours a day because the tide rises and engulfs the beach.
Book a bus to Cat Ba
The local residents of Halong Bay now still tell the old story about the origination of Ba Trai Dao Islet.
Story has it that the youngest daughter of the God fell in love with a poor fisherman.
As she wanted him to be immortal to be with her forever, she stole three peaches in the heaven for him.
The God noticed and was very angry. He turned three peaches into three stone mountains on the sea. Therefore, the locals named the islet as “Ba Trai Dao” Islet.
Read more →
Post same category
- Lan Ha Bay – the forgotten paradise
- Cat Ba - Little heart of blue sea
- Viet Hai Village - Rustic beauty at Cat Ba Island
- Cat Ba National Park Hai Phong Vietnam
- Historical Cannon Fort in Cat Ba Island
- The Secrets of Cat Ba Island
- Explore Dark and Bright cave
- Explore Monkey Island
- Discover Cat Ba Beaches
- Hai Phong province to commence construction of nation's longest bridge
Ends: Tue, 01/28/20 23:59
Ends: Wed, 01/29/20 23:59