Cat Ba Island is getting more popular with all sorts of travellers, from backpackers on a budget to well-heeled honeymooners. Along with them, solitary spa junkies and family holidaymakers, tourists come here in their millions.
The beating heart of the nation, Hanoi can seem chaotic, but respite can be found in an island just 3 hours away from the capital. With the endless list of newest bus and tour services from Hanoi to Cat Ba or even from way further points like Sapa to Cat Ba and the other way around from Cat Ba to Sapa, it has just become easier to reach many must-go places of the alluring island – Cat Ba. Cat Ba Express provides the best the transportation in the area with just from: 14 USD for variety of choices of buses. So the options of transportation to get here are: Junk boat, Ferry, Speed boat and Hydrofoil.
Travel with Cat Ba Express Bus
The advantage of this package is the pick-up at your hotel in Hanoi and transfer to Hai Phong city by Cat Ba Express (Eco Bus) before catching speed boat to Cat Ba town which make your trip more comfortable and faster.
For the return way, we will drop you at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter area. This also aims to avoid taxi scams at local bus station in Hanoi.
Free hotel pickup at your hotel if you are staying in Hanoi Old Quater, otherwise please arrive at Cat Ba Express Offices: No. 37B Nguyen Huu Huan, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Cat Ba Express Bus Timetable
|PICK-UP||HA NOI - DINH VU||DINH VU - CAI VIENG||CAI VIENG - CAT BA||PRICE|
|30 mins||2 hours||30 mins||45 mins|
|7:45 - 8:15||10:15||10:45||11:30||16 USD|
|11:15 - 11:45||13:45||14:15||15:00||16 USD|
|14:15 - 14:45||16:45||17:15||18:00||16 USD|
â€‹How to book?
- Book online with the booking box on this website. We will confirm your booking immediately
- Book in our office at: No. 37B Nguyen Huu Huan, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Call our hotline to book: +84 84 824 4999
- Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local bus – boat – bus package
Altenative way to get to Cat Ba Island: It used to be the most economical way to get to Cat Ba island as its bus station Luong Yen was located right in Hanoi old quarter but from 2017 but now it's been moved out of city to Yen Nghia bus station which is 17km away from down town. Unless you would like to have real local experiences, otherwise we do not recommend this option any more.
Train (recommended for slow traveling)
Being built by French Colonial in the late 19 century, the railway system in Vietnam is used for transferring the natural resources back to France. Nowadays this railway system is becoming a new travel experience for local and international tourist.
|Hanoi - Hai Phong||Hai Phong - Binh ferry terminal||Binh ferry terminal - Cat Ba Island||Cat Ba Island - Cat Ba Town|
- Departure time: 08:30
- Train ticket: 60,000 VND (~3 USD) / one way ticket
- Hydrofoil: 200.000 VND (~7.5USD) / one way ticket
- Duration: 3 hours
Post same category
- Things to do in Lan Ha Bay
- 12 Things to do in Cat Ba Island
- Cat Ba Island, Vietnam - an unforgettable holiday
- Where to stay in Cat Ba Island
- Where to go in Cat Ba Island
- The experience to travel by train in Vietnam
- How to get to Cat Ba Island from Hanoi
- How to get to Ninh Binh from Cat Ba Island
- How to get to Cat Ba Island from Noi Bai Airport
- How to get to Cat Ba Island â€“ Part 2
Ends: Mon, 01/28/19 10:59
Ends: Tue, 01/29/19 21:59